Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just a little gout research

Just doing a little research on gout and thought I'd share several web sites with you. I came across a site that talks about Colchicne gout treatment - gout pain relief. The site is "Best-Gout- Remadies.com" This site gives a little history of colchicne it's side effects, what it's made from, and dosage. This site is an excellent source for information on gout.

I have heard a lot lately that vitamin C will help with gout. What I found is that vitamin C can help but it's important that you use it properly. The link "Vitamin C for gout" may help in deciding if it will work for you and how to use it to get the maximum benefit.

Did you know that gout has a negative effect on the heart? In fact just behind smoking, and a family history of heart disease, gout is the third highest risk factor for heart attacks in men. The link ArthritiseToday.org will give you more detailed information on the risk factors of gout. The best thing we can do for gout is one thing that I find the hardest, that is to get down to your ideal weight and stay there.

Good luck with your fight against gout.

1 comment:

Rabbit said...

Hi Kevin. I have been reading on gout for a good number of months now. It's interesting how I still come across new information every now and then. I haven't come across gout as a risk factor for heart attacks although I think it's correct because a lot of the foods that will worsen gout will also impact a heart condition (like fat).