Friday, December 18, 2009

Still some gout in the foot but the A-Fib is acting up

Greetings all

Over the last several days my heart has been acting up. I have had A-Fib for as long as I can remember. I have had three Ablation procedures to try to correct the problem I have been on a number of medications to control the symptoms, and am currently on Sotalol Hydrochloride. In order to go on this drug you have to be hospitalized to make sure that your heart doesn't stop when they start you on it. This link will take you to webMD for more information on A-Fib, also here is a brief description of A-Fib as found on WebMD.com;

What Are the Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation?
You may have atrial fibrillation without having any symptoms at all. If you have symptoms, they may include:
Heart palpitations (a sudden pounding, fluttering, or racing feeling in the chest).
Lack of energy; feeling over-tired.
Dizziness (feeling faint or light-headed).
Chest discomfort (
pain, pressure, or discomfort in the chest).
Shortness of breath (difficulty breathing during normal activities or even at rest).
What Causes Atrial Fibrillation?
Atrial fibrillation is associated with many conditions, including:
High blood pressure
Coronary artery disease (hardening of the heart arteries)
Heart valve disease
Having undergone heart surgery
Chronic lung disease
Heart failure
Cardiomyopathy (disease of heart muscle that causes heart failure)
Congenital (present at birth) heart disease
Pulmonary embolism (blood clot in lungs) I also had paracardiomites


In 1990's I was diagnosed with liver disease, after being on the transplant list for several years my symptoms were getting worse and one day I started having chest pain and discomfort and ended up in the hospital (again), the doctor decided to do an orthoscopey. While undergoing the procedure a visiting physician was observing between he and my regular cardiologist they determined that the pericardium sack was calcifying (turning to bone) and my symptoms that was attributed to liver disease were caused due to the constriction on the heart or pericarditis. So in 2003 I was scheduled to have the sack removed from my heart (pericardiomectomy).
Well now that's my story today. Check out the links to read more about the heart and some of the problems that can occur.

Kevin

1 comment:

maggie.danhakl@healthline.com said...

Hello,

Healthline just designed a virtual guide of how atrial fibrillation affects the body. You can see the infographic here: http://www.healthline.com/health/atrial-fibrillation/effects-on-body

This is valuable med-reviewed information that can help a person understand the effects of afib of their body. I thought this would be of interest to your audience, and I’m writing to see if you would include this as a resource on your page: http://igotgout.blogspot.com/2009/12/still-some-gout-in-foot-but-a-fib-is.html

If you do not believe this would be a good fit for a resource on your site, even sharing this on your social communities would be a great alternative to help get the word out.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review. Please let me know your thoughts and if I can answer any questions for you.

All the best,
Maggie Danhakl • Assistant Marketing Manager
p: 415-281-3124 f: 415-281-3199

Healthline • The Power of Intelligent Health
660 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
www.healthline.com | @Healthline | @HealthlineCorp

About Us: corp.healthline.com