Thursday, December 3, 2009

The gout is gone but the winter colds are here

Hello everyone:

Well the touch of gout that I had following my Thanksgiving binge has cleared up, however the flu and cold season is here. I know this because I have one or the other. My head is stuffed up I have a runny nose, achy body, and the worst thing is the sore throat. I've started with over the counter meds, and I also find that hot drinks help to relieve several symptoms, like the stuffy nose and sore throat. My drink of preference is Pero, it's a grain drink and if you add milk or cream with sugar it's a very soothing drink. Also, I have found that hot lemon and honey are excellent. My appetite has been affected but not enough to make me loose any weight.

With any of these home remedies and over the counter meds be careful not to use anything that may affect other problems like diabetes, or high blood pressure.

Please feel free to comment

Kevin

No comments: