Sunday, August 9, 2009

Gout In My Elbow

Greetings all

I just wanted to talk a little bit about gout in the elbow. The first time I got it in my elbow it hit the right elbow. It started out about the same as it does in your toe, you know with that old familiar pain and the stiffness that accompanies the pain. I didn't do to much about it the first day or two but on the third day it was to the point that I couldn't stand the pain any more. Walking became hard every step jarred the elbow and when I would sit I'd have to rest my arm on a pillow in order to keep it from hanging at a VERY uncomfortable angle.

I finally had to go to the emergency room to take care of it. They performed the usual examinations and then the doctor came in with a syringe with a large needle. He said that he was going to remove some fluid from the joint to look for uric acid crystals under the microscope. Guess what, after he returned he told me that he was sure, I had gout. What amazed me was the next day the gout was almost completely gone. I learned something that day "the less fluid on the joint the faster your gout would clear up.

There are several things that I have found that help prevent and get rid of the gout. First is "Tart Cherries" there have been many times when I have felt the first twinges of gout and I started taking cherries and the gout went away by the next morning. Remember that it is the "Tart Cherries" that work. There are several web sits that offer the cherry products and health food stores have cherrie capsules that work very well. Check with the store clerks/owner for their recommended brands. Also there's a web site that has some very good information on gout, the diet that helps prevent gout, and the foods to avoid that cause gout. here's the website. www.webmd.com

That's all for now feel free to comment and tell us what works for you and what brings on your gout.

Kevin H.

3 comments:

herbal erection pills said...

I couldn't refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!

herbal erection pills said...

This is a really good tip particularly to those fresh to the blogosphere. Simple but very accurate info… Thank you for sharing this one. A must read article!

buy erection pills said...

Greate pieces. Keep posting such kind of info on your blog. Im really impressed by your blog.
Hey there, You've done an excellent job. I'll certainly digg it and in my opinion recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.