Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gout, Gout, I thought it was gone

The Gout Strikes again

Remember I said that I had been gout free for a while, well I spoke too soon. The very day after I posted that I got gout again.
It was very early Thursday morning, I felt it in my ankle and sure enough when I got up I started the day with a limp. So I took one Colchicine in the morning and one in the afternoon, I took two extra cherry extract, and by morning it was as good as gone. I tried to pinpoint what I ate but there was nothing out of the ordanary.
I don't remember if I have mentioned it but I have only one kidney, so I believe that a lot of my gout is due to poor kidney functiion.

Here are some links to web sites that you might find helpful.

Gout Diet

WebMd



How about you have you had gout latley, what do you think caused it, and how did you treat it?

Talk Later
Kevin

No comments: